Friday, September 07, 2012

Amish 500


It seems the new hype in running are Amish races, or racing with the Amish like the Bird-in-Hand half marathon in Pennsylvania. Bart Yasso himself is going to be a special speaker.

And since I'm half or 3/4 Amish (both of my grandfathers were old order amish), I feel a strange drawing to the Berlin Amish Country Half Marathon.

Pictured below are some of our family from Ohio (no faces are shown).










However, this does mean one thing when you choose a race in this part of Ohio...

Hills. Big hills. Freakin hills that make your quads want to cry. And oh yeah, it's in the end of November.

Brandon told me, "You know this is going to be a lot different than the hill at the end of the Columbus Marathon going over 70 right?" Yep. You mean that stinkin one that I didn't sign up for in time and it was sold out? Yes. That one.

Here's the elevation chart for the race route.

1/2 Marathon (End)
Updated Mar 15
Hill
Activity type: running



Not sure if I am up for it or not, but it's a fun race to pick if your wanting to run hills in relatively flat Ohio! It's not verboten - that's for sure. 

No comments: