Friday, March 16, 2012

Two favorite Web sites right now

Daily Mile 

During the middle of last December and the beginning of 2012, I started really getting serious about logging my miles after a really bad case of plantar fasciitis. I wanted to make sure I stayed up to date on my shoes and I thought it would be pretty cool to see how my workouts were going and how many miles per month I run. So I logged on to Daily Mile and set up an account. I wasn't sure if I would use it that much since I am really bad about logging my miles.


Do I like keeping track of numbers? Heck no. I really dislike graphing, tables or anything that involves math. However, Daily Mile is more like the Facebook of workouts. You can invite friends, see how other peoples' workouts are going and check the leader board to see if your on top (never happens to me :) ).

Sample leader board
I may be a late adopter, but I'm hooked. This coming from a girl who is married to an actuary who loves to come home, sync his RunKeeper and check his stats...stat.


Now, I have him beat on number keeping. Weirder things have happened.




Baby List
My other favorite find is Baby List. I have a couple of family members that asked for some kind of list of needs for baby Ryder. Since he's our third and because we were insanely blessed with Ava and Sophia, I felt almost remorseful even doing this list. But it was fun to gather items in one place as a sort of checklist. 


Baby list is an online registry that was created so that moms/dads can add items from ANY web page or store, including Etsy. I love Etsy because they have items that boutiques have but way less money. Paying $45 for a hat? No, thank you. 


This hat is on registry and is on sale! 


Here's an example of a Baby List - list


Any favorite Web pages you love? 

SALE - Bear Beanie Photo Prop Custom Pick Your Size Crochet Baby Hat Toque Gift or Photo Prop Boy Girl
zoom



1 comment:

Jess said...

What is your list?? I wanna see!!!