Thursday, March 15, 2012

Surprise!

Do you ever have pity parties? Like full-fledged "whoa is me" what is this world coming to parties? Yep. That has been me several times during this pregnancy.

Chalk it up to the crazy things that my body has been going through, lack of sleep or possibly the now present morning sickness/evening sickness that I had during the first trimester that has "returned."

My personal theory is that every new thing that comes my way is pretty much brand new. I have never experienced it before and I have zero coping mechanisms for it.

Penicillion allergy and hives? PUPPS? Crazy body things before baby? Morning sickness again in the third trimester that strikes around 5 pm (like crazy no garlic, no crazy meat, even outside air stinks)? Are you kidding me? I mean, give me a list and tell me at 31 weeks my evening sickness will return -- I would be mentally there.

Show up one random day and "surprise me" and it's just a mental exercise to keep up with the things pregnancy does to your body.

I'm sure moms know what I am talking about - sick kids throw a wrench in your days plans, car accident that comes out of nowhere, unexpected bills that take out your monthly budget, etc.

It's really about expecting the unexpected. And knowing that we just cannot plan our tomorrows.

It's about 9 more weeks until Baby Ryder comes and I am intent on enjoying the next couple of months with him. Love the verse below that promises that God goes before us and is always with us.

Week 31
Cravings: ice cream, steak, mashed potatoes, watermelon, fruit leathers, fruit, pistachios
Weight gained: about 20 lbs depends on day
Exercise: Running, swimming and walking
Ryder: nursery is painted and ready for orange accents! Washing tons of clothes and girls are in same bedroom and sharing a full size bed. They love snuggling together.
I can feel little Ryder's bottom against my right side sometimes and his feet kicking on my left side.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deut. 31:8

No comments: