Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Praying

The recent tornado in Oklahoma is so sad. So sad because as a parent you wonder what might have happened if it was your child. Or you went to pick up at the school and she didn't come running into your arms brown hair waving in her little ponytail.

During college in Springfield, Missouri I vividly remember two tornado sirens that went off during the night. In one I bounded out of bed, yelled at my roommate and suitemates and got to the bottom floor. I was scared. 

The second tornado has my best friend Ann running around the room doing the same thing to us. It was just this visceral panic. 

We joke about my sister Jessie and her time spent camped out in the tub in Missouri during a tornado watch that my brother-in-law Nick filmed. But, it did hit 30 minutes away and it hit hard. 

I just pray for them and even question why God couldn't move the path of that tornado so it did not hit the elementary school.

He is still sovereign. And He has promised that through all of the recent tragedies we will not be consumed. His compassion does not have a limit. 

Lam 3
21"The reason I can [still] find hope is that I keep this one thing in mind:
22the LORD's mercy. We were not completely wiped out. His compassion is never limited.
23It is new every morning. His faithfulness is great.
24My soul can say, 'The LORD is my lot [in life]. That is why I find hope in him.'


No comments: