Monday, March 25, 2013

March madness

We have had a beautiful March in Rva. It's been cold and chilly, but for the most part it's been pretty sunny and around 40s and 50s.

Ryder and I have gotten some walks in and Brandon and I did our first longish runs last Saturday. I was not looking forward to running and hated on it all day long. Around 2 pm I finally left and got in 7 miles. IT was gorg outside --54 and sunny--I think I may have gotten sunburnt! I tackled this hill that was almost half a mile long and the highest hill I have ever done. You could see the mountains in the distance. I came back from running and told Brandon my route and that he had to do it.

He came back saying how crazy the hill was and enjoyed the awesome weather. Of course it started snowing the next day. It was freezing and we enjoyed almost 2 inches of snow.

I am trying to get back into running 20-plus miles per week. It's been hard with our schedules and snow and getting into a routine again. I wanted to get out Sunday for recovery miles, but with the snow it didn't happen. I did try a cycle express class on Friday and loved it. It was hard and at some points I was pedaling 21 mph. We did loads of intervals and climbs so it was great cross-training.

Ryder is also enjoying being outside and eating everything. Dirt. Sticks. Grass. You name it. He loves to play with balls and we all love watching the silly squirrels that jump around the trees. They have become our little pets. :) The girls have named the squirrels "Sammy" and we love watching them run around like they have had four shots of espresso.

No comments: