Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Read okra about it.


Okra-amazing
Here in Ohio we have loads of okra in my mom and dad's garden. So these little guys are free, which equals awesome. You think you don't like this "slimy" hard to cook veggie? Think it's only good in gumbos or fried?

Mmm. I loved this recipe!

I made this after looking at Kath from Kath Eats. She makes okra fries. So, I just made these crispy in an oven on bake 400 for about 20 minutes. Immediately after removing I added more kosher salt, dash of olive oil and parm reg. on top. I still have a big chunk of this cheese in my fridge.

I could not get over how amazing and crispy they were! Make sure you turn them so that each side has a chance to get crispy and that there's enough olive oil to coat it.

And that you eat them before your husband gets to them. Wink. wink.

Okra-amazing 
Preheat oven to bake 400

Slice tops off okra and slice lengthwise.
Add glug of olive oil and make sure every slice is coated.
Using baking sheet (I like half sheet pans from William's Sonoma ) arrange okra so that they have maximum surface space for browning.
Add kosher salt and bake for around 20 min or until crispy.
Remove and add splash of olive oil and fresh grated parm or parm reg. cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments: