Tuesday, July 03, 2012

July 4th it up!

I love this photo of Prefontaine. He's the Oregon track legend that died in a car accident. The track Olympic trials are being held on the same track he used to compete on in Eugene.

Pre! 
Pretty much his mantra was always to start hard and finish hard and never had a coasting pace. Have you seen "Without Limits?" It's a great movie about his life. I ran a blistering hot 2.5 miles last night. It was so hot and stuffy that I felt pretty hot after running that distance. Especially at 6 pm in 90-plus temps with the actual temp at 100-plus.

Very excited to run in the morning tomorrow since it's July 4th. And only 70 degrees. And I get to run in my new shoes. It's a great day since my old shoes had 600-plus miles on them. I always get Saucony because I overpronate and am not a neutral runner like Brandon and can't wear cool girl Mizunos or Brooks.

I walked into the store thinking I was going to get Saucony again, but the Adidas Supernova Sequence 5. fit so well. And their almost pink (salmon), which I love.

Hope you have a great 4th! Any working out plans for the holiday? We are having some ribs with our family. Probably no fireworks since little Ryder is only five weeks. Not like last year (in the pics below) where were we went to Red White and Boom and stayed downtown overnight.
That was such a fun time. Or like our tie-dye party that we had the past couple of years. We didn't do it this year. You can see pictures here.



Last year at Red, White and Boom
Sophia and Ava last year at Red, White and Boom.


















No comments: