Monday, July 30, 2012

Contentment



My sister Jessie and I were talking about happiness last night and how God sometimes doesn't give us everything we desire, but He does give us everything we need. It's SO easy to get caught up in the thinking that I "need" this or I can't live without "this." but I know that sometimes it's using what you have that makes you most happy.

In the end of our lives. What will we have looked back on with satisfaction? Clothes? Food? No, probably those precious memories of our children being born or our little talks on the porch with our husband.

"Godliness with contentment is great gain"
(1Timothy 6:6).


Good things to think about the next time I start complaining about what I "need."

It's Monday! Time for a new week. We have Ava's gymnastics today and then we are enjoying the week. Can you believe it's almost time to get ready for school?

Question: What was your favorite thing about school growing up? I can still remember the smell of the air outside on school mornings. It was bright and crisp and a little chilly.

No comments: