Monday, January 09, 2012

Funday Monday

My first fire! We had hot dogs and chicken sausages.

Ava and Sophia's favorite thing was riding their bikes around a loop that is at Glacier Ridge Park. Saturday morning I had about 30 minutes to drive and get in a quick 2 miles before I was meeting Becca at Piada. The weather was gorg. So beautiful with the clear sky and relatively warm (50) temps so I called Brandon and we decided to have him cycle to the park (20 miler) and we would meet him with food and hot chocolate.

I used to wonder why people used the bbqs at parks when they had them at home. But just getting out in nature and being surrounded by the beautiful park made you feel like you were on vaca.

Besides hot dogs and sausages we had strawberries, hot chocolate, roasted marshmallows and had chocolate chip cookies that we warmed up on the grill. Such a great memory snapshot.

Brandon really enjoyed biking and then having dinner at the end. Now if I can only save up my 600-plus dollars for a bike to join him. :) I am on the way, currently I have $100, so 1/6 of the way there.

Oh, and on the way home the girls were pooped. Ava kept saying, "Best day at the park ever!" and Sophia loved riding her little trike all around the circle and even rode it into the bathrooms. She's becoming such a little comic. She always makes me and Brandon laugh with her funny sayings and her little spunk. Ava is so good on her bike and I bet it won't be long before she gets rid of her trainers.

Happy Monday!
What was something fun you did over the weekend?

Erin

1 comment:

Ali said...

A winter picnic. LOVE LOVE LOVE this.