Friday, December 09, 2011

Running streak

Me at home after running and Brandon and I on Thanksgiving day after our trail run in Michigan.

Screen-shot-2011-11-11-at-4_31_38-PM

Did you know Runner's World is having a Runner's World holiday running streak? The mag is encouraging runner's to run at least one mile each day between during the holidays. Since I am prego, that's not going to happen. Every other day is a great thing for me to accomplish. So I am doing a every other day running streak. ha.

Tuesday I ran 3 miles, including some slow hill work, and then Thursday I ran 4 miles with the last half at an incline of 7.0 and slow. It felt really good to work other muscles. Since pregnant, it takes me almost a third longer to get in four miles. This means my time in the gym is longer as well and can include major boredom of the treadmill.

To combat bordom, I pick fast people to run by for extra encouragement or I just think of future goals or how lucky I am to be able to run at this point in my pregnancy (17 weeks).

What is your favorite way to work out when it's cold? Do you like running or yoga or pilates?

Also, it's Christmas soon! If you have a person who runs that you want to buy a gift for I am working on a holiday Christmas list. What is your recommendation?

No comments: