Friday, December 09, 2011

Keeping it real

Mom Devos
I just saw this devotional suggested for me on Amazon.com and loved the first part of it! It's about motherhood and written by Jen Hatmaker in Austin, Tx.

I can relate with her first part of the story of a disastrous school day, when Ava was the only kid not dressed for her Halloween parade. I literally got her dressed quickly in the bathroom and left for the gym feeling the mom fail as all of the other girls were beautifully dressed as princesses and my little Ava didn't want me even touching her hair. Her Ariel outfit was missing so she had to dress as a cowgirl, which she fought me all the way. It was a bad day that at the time seemed so much more worse than it was. I left the school almost crying as I watched other parents gathering in the students rooms (didn't know this was scheduled either) for a class party.

Being a mom is tough and you are not always going to have "perfect kids" or "perfect moments." Good reminder to this perfection-minded mom.
Out of the Spin Cycle: Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load

No comments: