Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Continual reminders

We have to be continually reminded of what we believe. Neither this belief nor any other will automatically remain alive in the mind. It must be fed. And as a matter of fact, if you examined a hundred people who had lost their faith in Christianity, I wonder how many of them would turn out to have reasoned out of it by honest argument? Do not most people simply drift away?
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

In a weird way, C.S. Lewis's quote from his famous book is oddly comforting. It means that I am not alone in needing a daily reminder of Christ, what He has done for me and where I am going. It means I am not alone in my need of daily grace. It means I don't have to feed myself with knowledge from my own mind, but can receive that knowledge from the Word. That to me is comfort.
Mere Christianity

No comments: