Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A day off for National Running Day

Do you take a day off running if it's National Running Day? Like you get off work if it's Labor Day, you get breakfast in bed on Mother's Day, so...you see where I'm going with this? That's what Runner's World suggests and I like it!

The dang long weekend had me confused. I didn't realize it was Wednesday until this morning. So, I have to do a tempo run tonight. I am thinking maybe a warm-up mile with two-three miles at tempo pace (10 sec. faster than race pace) and then a cool down. I have zero energy, but I always enjoy it when I am doing it.

And Ethan is here with us spending the night. We are having steak, rice and corn, his favs, and going swimming after dinner. So fun to have our little nephew with us. He told me today, "when I grow up I want to be a fighter jet." This a change from the previous cowboy and farmer.

Ava and Sophia love having him over and poor Charlotte was heartbroken as we left. It's always hard getting left behind when your brother or sister get to do something fun.

Mom also had a great lunch today - taco bar and homemaid ice cream with strawberries. I ate so much food and it's so nice when you don't have to cook.

No comments: