Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Cream of Wheat with Strawberries

My mom bought this plate for me after college.



I really love breakfast. Growing up my mom always made us Cream of Wheat cereal. I would use my toast to scrape out all of the yummy bits in the bowl.

On the mornings when I ask Ava want she wants for breakfast she always asks for either pancakes or cream of wheat. Strawberry season is almost here and I can't wait to add fresh strawberries on top of the cereal. It heats up the strawberries ever so slightly and really brings out their flavor even out of season berries. I used Bob's Red Mill Creamy Wheat Hot Cereal. It's found at Whole Foods and is cheaper than the real Cream of Wheat (by about one dollar).

It's just wheat farina, which is all-natural, low fat and has no added sugar. You can use it as infant cereal as well. For the girls, I put a little brown sugar on the top and don't stir it in so it creates little brown sugar pockets. Mmmm.



No comments: