Monday, December 28, 2009

A Walk in the Woods


During my holiday break, I am devouring all of the books in the house. I was bored yesterday so I snatched Brandon's "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. I read four chapters quickly and wanted to try and finish, but Brandon wanted his book back.

Oh well, I hope to snatch it back today when he's not looking. It's about the AT (Appalachian Trail) and the author who does a journey with a friend over the more than 2,150 miles of trails.

The trails were finished in seven years with a full volunteer army. I love that is combines adventure, writing and nature.

Have to go, Brandon just gave me the book back.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Dave and I read this during our 14 day backcountry hiking in Yellowstone! LOVED this book!

Brandon said...

I was going to put in my post that it was at Dave's recommendation that Brandon got this. You did 14 days in the backcountry of Yellowstone? Why did i not know that? did you see any bears? don't they have grizzlies there?
Erin

Jess said...

I have a great story about our near death grizzly experience... tell you about it soon :).