Monday, December 01, 2008

thankful

Now, I know why i ranted in my last post. I was coming down with that nasty stomach virus and didn't know it. I went to bed on saturday at 9 and just felt crappy and restless all night. Around 2 a.m. I started getting acid reflux and then I thought it's just prego symptoms.

Nope.

I was sick all night and couldn't keep down anything. I couldn't even sip a glass of water without getting sick. I don't think I have ever had the stomach flu that bad. It started to worry me though because I wanted to make sure baby Sophia was getting enough fluid.

Anyways, Brandon took me to L&D to get some fluids per recommendation of my doctor. Before we went, mom prayed that we would get a really good nurse and we did -- we even got our own triage room (with a bathroom in case I needed it).

After getting fluids and anti-naseau medicine, I felt so much better. Before, my mouth was so dry I couldn't even talk to brandon that long. I never realized how thankful I am for health, food and water. All day, I was dreaming about different kinds of ice cold beverages that I could drink when I felt better.

Anyways, yesterday I went home and slept from 1 a.m. until 9 p.m. and then went to bed at 11 p.m. I am feeling a little bit better and just want to sleep.

Thanks for your prayers. It always complicates things when you are sick and prego. I told my sister thank god I didn't go into labor or anything. I couldn't imagine that!

We are 38 weeks today. I plan on getting a lot of sleep today and drinking my gatoraide.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and my lovely husband for taking care of me. Also, thanks to mom for picking up Ava. She had so much fun over there!

1 comment:

evie said...

Gosh-doesn't sound good. I'm glad you're feeling better! Take care of yourself!