Friday, November 28, 2008

food cravings

Radishes are so yum
Radishes are seriously good. I have been craving them lately and wondered why. Usually, my cravings include foods that help me get certain vitamins that the baby needs so I went to my handy dandy web site that I love, http://www.nutritiondata.com/ and saw that radishes are really high on the fullness factor (4.5) and that they have tons of magnesium, calcium and Riboflavin (see below). One cup has only has 19 calories (i never eat one cup)! I think though, must of my cravings include carbs.

I usually eat radishes with some kosher salt and olives and cheddar cheese.

Radishes
The good: This food is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Magnesium, Copper and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Folate and Potassium.

The bad: A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars.

Other cravings include, pineapples (said to induce labor), salsa and chips, banana popsicles, yoo-hoo (weird), and chocolate chip cookies.




No comments: