Friday, November 28, 2008

37 week appointment

What's up baby girl?
I have been posting my appointment information on the blog site, but forgot to do it for last Wednesday. So here goes the recap.

"No, I am not on the way to the hospital."

That's my usual phone greeting, especially when I have to call people early morning/late evening.

I thought I would be having Sophia already, but it's nice that she has more time to gain weight and get really chubby. If you didn't read before, I had started having contractions 10 minutes apart for about 5 hours three Sundays ago so I had to go get checked out at L&D.

Anyways, the nurse practitioner said I am still 2 cm dilated and 60 percent effaced. So, I have been walking around a lot, eating spicy food and trying to rest up for the big day. I am also getting scheduled to go in to have Sophia Dec. 8.

I was pulling for an early induction time with the nurse so that I wouldn't have to go 30-plus hours with no food. They have times from 6 a.m. to 9 .m. and you aren't allowed to eat anything 12 hours or so before you deliver. So, if you are scheduled for 9 p.m., it's a really long day.

With Ava, we lucked out and got 7 a.m.

We are excited too because our friends Rick and Kate will be in town and may get to see Sophia! They moved to Seatttle from Columbus and were our El Vaquero buddies.

Anyways, if you think about it this week, please pray that I will be able to get lots of rest and that Ava will sleep well in her new bed. She has been getting up about three times a night because she just switched to a big girl bed. And she is getting up at 6 a.m. instead of 7 a.m. or even 8 a.m. So, I have to go to bed early as well!

No comments: