Friday, November 21, 2008

36.5 weeks

36.5 weeks
I like to add the .5 to the top subject as it helps me feel like we are getting somewhere in this pregnancy. On Monday, I will be 37 weeks and full term. yeah baby! can you say let's go, go go to the hospital and meet sophia! We are doing good - fluid is fine and baby is weighing around 6 lbs.

I am pretty excited to meet sophia since we got to have her checked out last night on an ultrasound and saw her chubby little cheeks. She was nestled really tightly in my belly, and we both realized why I have been yelling, "Ouch!" a lot--her femur (i didn't know this, the technician told us) is hitting my ribs along with her feet.

She looked so cozy and beautiful though and it really reminded me of Psalm 139:13: "For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb." She is such a little miracle and yet it doesn't seem real that she will be here soon. Brandon said he thought it would seem real for me because it didn't seem real to him. But, nope I can't imagine how much our lives will change!

I keep on picturing how everything will take place and then don't want to because I realize that only sets you up for disappointment. So, if we go on thanksgiving day or if we go in the middle of the night, I am psyching myself to be ready for anything.

Another great verse that really encourages me is Phil. 4:11-13:

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:11-13 ESV

No comments: