Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Things no one tells you about pregnancy 2.

2. You will not have one night of sound sleep.
(things no one tells you about being prego)

So, I have been having a really hard time getting a good night sleep since I am entering the last trimester. I know it's God's way of getting the mom ready for those sleepless nights, but I am just dreaming (literally) about having a full night sleep without bathroom breaks, endless tossing and turning and thoughts like, "I wonder how we are going to get Ava's new room organized" going through my head.

And every morning when I wake up I think, "it's the beginning of the end" he. no more sleeping for us when Sophia is here! She is usually up and kicking in utero around 9, midnight and 4 or 5 a.m.

With Ava, we literally got 4-5 hours of sleep on a good night. Those late nights were so hard with Ava that Brandon and I had to do split shifts and do half the night. I would usually take the second shift (1:30 - 6), while Brandon took the first shift (9-1:30ish or 2). I just know God is good and will give us strength, but right now, I am afraid. he. he. I can go without sleep a lot better than Brandon, but after two weeks or so my face looks like a ghost, I lose my appetite and the smallest things seem humongous!

So, please Lord, help Sophia sleep!!!

2 comments:

Hammocks and High Tea said...

You poor thing! Sounds miserable. Something for me to look forward to! And by the way, thanks for stealing our name...Sophia! It's at the top of our list! It's okay though, we have so many girl names we like it will be hard to choose, if that's even what we have!

Erin said...

Sarah - go ahead and use it too! :) I thought your name was isabella?