Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Musings on life

So, here's some random things that are going on in our life/my life right now (Cliff note version):

  • Ava is wearing a size 4 in shoes -- impossible to find at Once Upon a Child
  • I have already started Christmas shopping as Dec. 15 is our due date. I love Christmas!
  • I love veggies right now, meat is um, ok.
  • Love potatoes too -- french fries, tator tots, anything...are veggies potatoes?
  • Love Jeni's ice cream. It really makes life better. Favorites include, backyard mint and strawberry
  • Saving for things really is hard! Is anyone else saving for something, and you feel like you will never get there?
  • Baby G is now baby Sophia ^&*^&* Shmidt (don't know middle name)
  • I have been trying to get up at 7:15 or so in the morning as Ava wakes up around 8 a.m.
  • Brandon just made me a candlelight dinner...so sweet
  • July and August are murders' row for birthdays! We have almost 10 birthdays in these two months.
  • Brandon has been going on 20-30 plus mile bike rides and loves it. He wants to enter a race.
  • Ava loves our little neighbors. Today, Emi said she could hear Ava screaming at her from inside her house.
  • Ava had five time outs today ranging from hitting mommy to throwing books, toast, shoes over the porch. Last week, she did a somersault over the porch so we have to really watch her.
  • Ava, 18 months, is a little mommy's girl. She loves to cuddle in the morning. Also, she loves to say cheers when we are having our ice cream cone breaks in the afternoon.
  • I have gained 9 lbs so far---20 more to go. Ouch. that's going to hurt. Literally. Last time, my knees were cracking everytime I went up the steps.
  • Brandon and I are getting Ava a twin bed for her when the baby comes.
  • I love peanut butter and jelly on toast in the mornings for breakfast. Yum.
  • Jessie is having her baby this week! Congratulations guys! Helloooooo, Adam!
  • Mom is going out to Colorado to help out Jessie and Nick. Nick just had his appendics removed so he can't lift anything for 4 weeks. Get better Nick!
  • Nick's sister, Rachel, is getting married at the end of August.
  • Rachel, Cadence and Livvy went back to Arizona. Boo. I need the sisters here!
  • Becca is still celebrating Beccapolooza, and Ava loves to say, "Becca!"
  • Luke and Kelly are having a baby September 29. (probably sooner)
  • Cousin Shaun is in Alaska. He just was in Boston. I can't keep track of you!

Random thoughts from this week:

  • Why does the time schedule for the mail lady differ so much from day to day?
  • Why do people mow at 10 p.m. (or 7 a.m. on weekends)
  • Who honks at a pregnant woman in a SUV with a baby when she is not turning fast enough?
  • How does everyone else keep their house clean? Post-baby it seems like I am living "Groundhog's Day." Clean, clean, clean. Wake up, clean. I know, some day Ava will be living on her own, and I will cherish the cleaning. But, I am really tired right now!
  • I wonder if peaches are still in season. I am craving them.

No comments: