Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rainy days

It's so green outside in Columbus. The other day Ava said that green and yellow are her favorite colors. She loved the green grass outside. I do too. Ireland, you have nothing on us. :)

This morning I ran about two miles in the ran before I let Brandon go to work. :) I was listening to the History Chicks' podcast about Dolly Madison--love!

She was known for her squeezers (crowded parties) and her help in getting James Madison elected president.

Brandon and I have been having date runs on Saturdays. The past Saturdays we have done 10 and 11 miles. Holy cow. With kids, cleaning and gardening I have to say I am literally sleeping like a rock at night. I take a little nap with the kids and still hit the bed at 9:30 or so.

This is our last hard week. In fact, it's the hardest week and then we go to taper (shortening our mileage and intensity) for the May 7 race. Brandon thinks I'm dorky. I want to have a little sign on our back that says, "Eight-year anniversary!"

I am kind've a cheeseball. Ask my sisters.

Taking a quick break

Brandon

Molly watching the girls--thanks friend!
Emory listening to some Eminem..Just kidding 

Smoothie Monday! Blueberry smoothie
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1/2 bag of blueberries
2-3 cups of yogurt
1 avocado
2 teaspoon wheat bran
1 cup of juice (give or take)
1/2 cup of ice cubes

Monday easy run. This weather has us outside everyday. 

Luke gave us some yummy deer tenderloin that Brandon grilled. Thanks Luke-- it was so good. We added some sauteed spinach which I am so loving right now. mmm. 

No comments: