Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday. For me, this day always has a somberness to it. I wanted the girls to realize the importance of this day. 


And although they are young, they had fun coloring Easter pictures and hanging them up in their art show. They loved the art show and the butterflies around the cross was a concept they got.  


Taping up the pictures to the window was a big hit. What's up with kids and tape? They love to unroll my tape. 


We also decorated Easter eggs. Usually, I blank out on this and forget until late Saturday night. I tried to get the ball rolling and do it before the absolute last minute. I was really puzzled about dying brown eggs, but they turned out really pretty. Our favorites were the robin blue and the red eggs. Soph's fav was drinking the water. 

Isaiah 53:5
I love the two crosses here. 


Ava dying eggs. 

Sophia busy trying to get a spoonful of water to drink. 


Kind've in love with the chalkboard paint. I have to admit. 








2 comments:

Jess said...

What kind of dye did you use?

Erin said...

Hi! I used Kroger brand neon dye. Brandon bought it and I love the colors.