Monday, October 11, 2010

It's almost time...

Well, after training for about 8 weeks (including quarter marathon), Race Day is almost here! Running the Nationwide Half Marathon this Sunday at 7:30 a.m.

However, I am excited-- a little nervous--okay, a lot nervous, but feeling more excited than I did before the quarter marathon in September!

How do you fit running in with two little kids? Especially long runs? Well, I used to run at night - still do, but for long runs, I found running in the early morning was nice. You got it out of the way and you felt great. So I did most of those early Sunday morning. I really like when I am super motivated and I get the easy miles in the morning before Brandon goes to work. It makes me a much nicer mom in the morning. he. he.

4 comments:

Ali said...

I envy you. I desperately want early mornings to be my routine, but it's so dang hard to get out of bed in the morning.

I am so excited for you! 13.1 BABY!!!

Marla Taviano said...

So proud of you, Erin! I'm with you on the early morning runs. (except my biggest one is 2 miles) I just got back into the running groove a week or so ago, and while I HATE getting up, I'm always so glad I did.

Erin said...

Well, today after being up until 1 am last night, I ran this evening!:) 5 hours of sleep does not make for a happy mom.

Thanks guys!

LaRonda said...

What an accomplishment. Hope it goes well for you. Your girls will be so proud of you even if you are grouchy at them sometimes :) Their big beautiful smiles will be cheering you on.