Monday, June 28, 2010

Another day, another crepe.

Fresh raspberry crepes

Well, yesterday was pretty eventful. Sophia, our little daredevil, got hurt. She is doing okay today and was hungry so I made stir-fry, one of her favorite dishes.

I found these cool chinese noodles at Whole Foods (under two dollars) that I use along with chicken, bok choy, grated carrots, fresh ginger, and scallions to make a stir fry the girls. They really like to eat at Pei Wei and Ava loves Kai Lan, a character on Nicktoons and how she eats chinese food. They get to string the noodles into their little mouths never knowing how good it is for them.

Then, after watching Giada today make raspberry crepes, I thought, "I have to try that...today!" So, I made them with our fresh raspberry jam I made from the raspberries at Jacquemin Farms. They were sweet, tart and oh so rich with the fresh cream.

Turns out they made everyone really happy. I mean Ava thought they were the coolest, Sophia was grunting for more and Brandon ate two.
Crepes are pretty simple if you just let them sit for one minute on the first side and 30 seconds on the second side to cook the egg in the batter. Also, I my blender broke so I used my food processor.

I made fresh whipped cream for the topping, but not the vanilla sugar.




No comments: