Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How to build a raised veggie bed

My husband and I, B, live in a relatively normal subdivision with about a quarter of an acre. I am a stay-at-home mom, who loves to cook and garden. I really want to garden! Heck, why pay a lot of money when you can raise it yourself?

Also, I have now come upon two magazine articles (better homes and pioneerwoman.com) about building a raised vegetable bed. I am hooked. I really want to do it. But, i don't think i can get the labor for free.

Erin: "Hey brandon?"

B" what do you need erin?"

Question: "Brandon, do you think you could build me a raised veggie bed?"

Brandon: What? No. I don't think i can. You get the weirdest ideas."

Me: "Even if you have a plan?"

B: "a raised veggie bed?" (look of confusion on his head)

B: "no."

Erin: "it's only 50 dollars for the materials?"

Erin: "Is that a no no?"

Brandon: "If you really want a yes, answer, don't ask me after 9 p.m."

Erin: "So, is that yes?"

1 comment:

Ali said...

Girl, you can do it! Let him 'assist' you, but we can do anything those boys can do.
I'd love to see what you come up with.
If and when we buy our first house, I really want a veggie garden.
Great idea!