Monday, February 02, 2009

Potty time

Potty time
Ava just turned two and so it goes that it's time to try and have her go to the potty. Ava has been going through potty training boot camp since Sunday and so far we have had:

1. At least three accidents on the carpet
2. Two poopy mistakes
3. 5 wet pair of Dora underwear
4. 4 rolls of smarties gone as bribes

To get her trained, I really just followed my friends Emily, Amy and Kelly's advice of having them go commando for a little while. This has been hilarious and very messy. but, she is not liking having wet underwear so both are working.

Today, I sent Brandon a text message that read, "I am gng 2 lose it." (Ashton Kutcher reference). he. It was 1:41 p.m. and Sophia had a bad morning and Ava was not going to sleep for her nap that afternoon. She was in her room yelling, "Dora!" So I took all of her toys out of the room.

And our construction project next door was going strong. Please Lord say they will be done soon! It's been 9 months of constant 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. construction. I can sympathize with Kutcher. It gets old really quick to hear constant banging. You can make fun of him, but we have had banging pipes, that awful beeping sound you hear when a truck is backing up, and tons of other things like hammering and constant banging. I just want our quiet park back!

Anyways, I hope it gets better. Emily said after two days sometimes it clicks. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

On a different note: Yes, i have not had time to post anything. Right now it's 10 p.m. and the whole house is alseep (knock on wood). I have a ton of pictures from Ava's birthday that I wanted to post. Miss Sophia, our beautiful 9 week old daughter, and Ava have their 2 month and 2 year checkups this Friday! I will post their stats for you all.

Until then wish me luck in potty land.

No comments: