Thursday, January 08, 2009

No Sleep for the Weary

The 3-week growth spurt has passed...thank the Lord!
Reviving after a weeklong eating fest by Sophia, my spirits are lots better. After a mini-breakdown saying, "I don't think I can do it anymore" to my sister Jess, Sophia is eating every 3 hours now instead of every 1.5 to 2 hours. She has gained around 3 lbs. since Dec. 8 and is in the 50th percentile for weight and 20th for height.

She is sitting on my lap right now as I type because she is fussy so that's why my writing may not make as much sense. I took Emily's advice and use a bounce ball to bounce her -- getting a workout and making sophia happy! She loves to bounce. She hates to swing. What can you say, she knows what she likes!

She did great today and so did Ava at her 4-week checkup. She got a vaccine and cried, but it was easier on my this time than Ava's. During Ava's checkup, I was crying right along with her!

Anyways, two kids are a lot different than having one. I can't believe how much work it is. It's just constant because at night I am with Sophia and during the day Ava is a little wild woman!

Anya

1 comment:

Hammocks and High Tea said...

It's good for me to hear these things...scary, but good, so I know what I'm getting into!