Sunday, September 07, 2008

Saving money.

So, with two littls girls soon to be here, we have been trying to save some money and look at our budget, a task that can bring with it much fun...um, gulp.

Without a budget, I really don't know what we would do. I love to tally up our fixed and unfixed expenses and neatly bundle everything under a column. Except as you probably have experienced, something always happens every month that takes away your neat little plan.

Medications, food costs, medical bills, car repairs or other items can really put my neat little columns into a tizzy.

Soooo, what to do?

Recently, Brandon and I have taken a look at what is important to us (um, cable he. he--i love my food network) and what is expendable (flat screen tv, eating out lots, new furniture besides baby room, and less trips to starbucks).

I guess I am of the philosophy that I would like to pay once for something nice than buy something three times! So, i am willing to save.

I will keep you posted how we do.

No comments: