Sunday, February 03, 2008

turning 30...II


Jessie with Ava at Christmas
Momma Jane with Ava at the party...helping mommy celebrate.
The b-day crew!

Amber, Trevor, Ava and I.


Shaun, Annabelle Ava and I. This was Ann before she schooled us all in a little guitar hero. She is amazing!

turning 30
I turned 30 Jan. 13 and it was erinpolooza! Seriously, it was great to see everyone who came to my birthday party and it meant a lot to have everyone there with me. Friends and family are number one with me--and I love to celebrate anything!

suprise visitor
It also was really special to have both jessie and rachel there! Thank you so much for making the special trip jessie! She suprised me and flew in for the weekend to celebrate with us! So brillant! I didn't know what to do when I saw her--I just kept saying, "What are you doing here?"

amazing grace
Some people don't like to turn 30, but it doesn't make me sad because I feel like I am at such a great place in my life right now. I have a great family and one that loves me even when I am a pain, great friends who really are fun and who I don't see nearly enough, and a great relationship with Christ. I had so many questions with my faith when I was first being serious with my walk with Christ, but I think that I just have to rely on his strength and not mine! Control freak that I am, this always scares the bejeebees out of me, but I can't do it by myself. I have tried to be the perfect wife, friend and mom, but I fail miserably every time. Just ask Brandon! It really gives me such a peace to know that God is and always will be in control.

Bible in Basic English
According to Proverbs 3:5, "Put all your hope in God, not looking to your reason for support."

We sang "Amazing Grace" today at Vineyard and it really made me feel so loved. Christ loved me in spite of me. John Newton, an english slave trader turned vicar, wrote this song after fighting for the abolition of slave trade. I mean, he traded human beings and then realized that Christ died for those same people. Below is Chris Tomlin's adaption of Amazing Grace. It's really moving--give it a listen sometime.

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

I think that's why "Amazing Grace" is so powerful. It shows how God can use anyone wherever they are in life. He doesn't want us blameless and perfect because that is the best way to show you and others His grace.

No comments: