Sunday, December 16, 2007

Some favorite Christmas movies

The Cake Dance being performed by Judy Garland and Margaret O'Brien
in the classic "Meet Me in St. Louis."

Here are some of our family's favorite movies that get us into the holiday mood. I was so excited to see that "Meet Me in St. Louis" with Judy Garland was on the AMC channel. So, if you haven't seen these check them out!

I included some of my favorite quotes from the movie.

"Meet Me in St. Louis"--Where would we be without the famous song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" which was created for this movie? This is a Kuhns' favorite.
Esther Smith: "I can't believe it. Right here where we live - right here in St. Louis."


"The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" -- "The Grinch: The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - and on such short notice. Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. Four o'clock, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one. 5:30, jazzercize. 6:30, dinner with me. I can't cancel that again. 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing; I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9 I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?


"A Christmas Story" - Ralphie as Adult: [Regarding the note on his report] Oh, no! "You'll shoot your eye out!"? Ralphie: Oh, no! Ralphie as Adult: My mother must have gotten to Miss Shields! There could be no other explanation! [Ralphie imagines his mother as a jester and Miss Shields as the Wicked Witch] Mother, Miss Shields: [Chanting] You'll shoot your eye out! You'll shoot you eye out! Ralphie as Adult: Was there no end to this conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his Peacemaker?


"Home Alone" -- "I took a shower washing every body part with actual soap; including all my major crevices; including in between my toes and in my belly button which I never did before but sort of enjoyed. I washed my hair with adult formula shampoo and used cream rinse for that just-washed shine. I can't seem to find my toothbrush, so I'll pick one up when I go out today. Other than that, I'm in good shape.


"It's a Wonderful Life"

No comments: