Monday, January 08, 2007

37 weeks! (Yes, i am still pregnant)








Week 37
I have loved being pregnant. I can say that now that i am almost done!

I am 37 weeks along and Brandon and I are really getting excited to see and hold ava. We can't wait to snuggle with her and smell her and just hold her. She moves and squirms in my belly so much that you can see my stomach doing ripples, like she is doing the back stroke!

After weeks spent watching the babycenter.com counter click down to my due date, i feel a little sad that this journey is nearing its end. I am so excited to meet ava, but wishing that somehow i could capture this moment in our life and put it away in a secret place and bring the warm feeling out on days that i miss her being so close. I read somewhere how an expectant dad was looking forward to his time with his daughter and couldn't wait to meet her, but still didn't want to loose the connection he had with his wife in their early years of marriage. He went on to say how two people can share their love and form a new being and how it's so neat to see this higher sort of math that plays into their life.

This journey has really brought Brandon and I closer and helped us to become a better team with better communication. Like the verse, iron sharpens iron, I believe God has helped one of us be strong when the other was down or struggling with doubt or fear or fatigue (mostly me!) I really appreciate Brandon and his help through this time in our life. I can't wait to see him hold Ava for the first time. I can't wait to 'click' that moment in time like Kirsten Dunst in "Elizabethtown."

Psalms 16:11 You will show me the path of life.
In your presence is fullness of joy.
In your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

No comments: